Police: Pot shot at deer hits truckFebruary 06,2014Driver fires shot
at deer, hits truck
MONKTON — Someone took an illegal shot through their truck window at a deer early Wednesday, but hit another vehicle on the road instead, police said.
Michael Deforge, 30, of Essex Junction told Vermont State Police he was driving on the Monkton-Vergennes Road after midnight when he came upon another truck that had stopped for a deer that crossed the road.
The driver of the other truck shot at the deer but missed and hit Deforge’s truck instead, police said.
The shooter then fled, driving northeast on the road, according to Deforge, who was uninjured.
Police did not release a description of the truck but said Deforge had provided details of the other vehicle.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call state police at 388-4919.MORE IN This Just InLeahy joins Marshfield woman in calling for stricter labeling requirements for generic drugs Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.