Bennington police unveil safety trailerFebruary 15,2014Bennington police
unveil safety trailer
BENNINGTON ó The Bennington Police Department on Friday unveiled its newest piece of highway safety equipment: a fully-enclosed trailer that can take safety equipment to an impaired-driving checkpoint, critical incidents and crashes or other longer-term incidents.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean of the Bennington Police Department said the trailer was purchased using money from a Vermont Governorís Highway Safety Program grant.
The trailer will hold many of the departmentís traffic cones, sign packages and safety lighting and equipment.
The interior of the trailer will have lighting, a table top installed for a work space and a computer.
The trailer was purchased from Versatile Trailer Sales in Saratoga, N.Y., and the graphics on the trailerís side were applied by White Rocks Design Studio in Bennington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.