Bennington police unveil safety trailerFebruary 15,2014Bennington police
unveil safety trailer
BENNINGTON ó The Bennington Police Department on Friday unveiled its newest piece of highway safety equipment: a fully-enclosed trailer that can take safety equipment to an impaired-driving checkpoint, critical incidents and crashes or other longer-term incidents.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean of the Bennington Police Department said the trailer was purchased using money from a Vermont Governorís Highway Safety Program grant.
The trailer will hold many of the departmentís traffic cones, sign packages and safety lighting and equipment.
The interior of the trailer will have lighting, a table top installed for a work space and a computer.
The trailer was purchased from Versatile Trailer Sales in Saratoga, N.Y., and the graphics on the trailerís side were applied by White Rocks Design Studio in Bennington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.