Bennington police unveil safety trailerFebruary 15,2014Bennington police
unveil safety trailer
BENNINGTON ó The Bennington Police Department on Friday unveiled its newest piece of highway safety equipment: a fully-enclosed trailer that can take safety equipment to an impaired-driving checkpoint, critical incidents and crashes or other longer-term incidents.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean of the Bennington Police Department said the trailer was purchased using money from a Vermont Governorís Highway Safety Program grant.
The trailer will hold many of the departmentís traffic cones, sign packages and safety lighting and equipment.
The interior of the trailer will have lighting, a table top installed for a work space and a computer.
The trailer was purchased from Versatile Trailer Sales in Saratoga, N.Y., and the graphics on the trailerís side were applied by White Rocks Design Studio in Bennington.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.