Bennington police unveil safety trailerFebruary 15,2014Bennington police
unveil safety trailer
BENNINGTON ó The Bennington Police Department on Friday unveiled its newest piece of highway safety equipment: a fully-enclosed trailer that can take safety equipment to an impaired-driving checkpoint, critical incidents and crashes or other longer-term incidents.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean of the Bennington Police Department said the trailer was purchased using money from a Vermont Governorís Highway Safety Program grant.
The trailer will hold many of the departmentís traffic cones, sign packages and safety lighting and equipment.
The interior of the trailer will have lighting, a table top installed for a work space and a computer.
The trailer was purchased from Versatile Trailer Sales in Saratoga, N.Y., and the graphics on the trailerís side were applied by White Rocks Design Studio in Bennington.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.