Vote for the Center
Since 1998, the Castleton Community Center (The Old Homestead) has provided programs and services to help improve the quality of life for residents of western Rutland County. The Center helps seniors and disabled residents remain independent. Over 4,800 rides were given last year for doctor’s appointments, nursing home visits, adult day care, therapy, food shopping and senior meals. In addition, over 1,400 meals were served in our dining room to seniors from Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton and surrounding towns.
The Center offers health and fitness education, a walking trail and exercise programs to promote healthy living. Educational and recreational activities keep our seniors active and help improve the quality of life for them and their families. Our summer camp for children provides stimulating educational and recreational activities for children when school is not in session.
The Castleton Community Center does not receive United Way funding. The Center is supported through town appropriations, grants, fund raising special events and the hard work of our members and volunteers.
Castleton, Hubbardton and Fair Haven residents, please vote yes to support the valuable programs and services offered by the Castleton Community Center at the polls Tuesday, March 4. If you need a ride to the polls call The Center at 468-3093.
JO ANN RILEY
CastletonMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.