Vote for the Center
Since 1998, the Castleton Community Center (The Old Homestead) has provided programs and services to help improve the quality of life for residents of western Rutland County. The Center helps seniors and disabled residents remain independent. Over 4,800 rides were given last year for doctorís appointments, nursing home visits, adult day care, therapy, food shopping and senior meals. In addition, over 1,400 meals were served in our dining room to seniors from Castleton, Fair Haven, Hubbardton and surrounding towns.
The Center offers health and fitness education, a walking trail and exercise programs to promote healthy living. Educational and recreational activities keep our seniors active and help improve the quality of life for them and their families. Our summer camp for children provides stimulating educational and recreational activities for children when school is not in session.
The Castleton Community Center does not receive United Way funding. The Center is supported through town appropriations, grants, fund raising special events and the hard work of our members and volunteers.
Castleton, Hubbardton and Fair Haven residents, please vote yes to support the valuable programs and services offered by the Castleton Community Center at the polls Tuesday, March 4. If you need a ride to the polls call The Center at 468-3093.
JO ANN RILEY
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.