Now’s the time to adopt a rabbitFebruary 25,2014PITTSFORD — February is “Adopt a Rescued Rabbit” month.
According to Rutland County Humane Society, after dogs and cats, rabbits are the most-likely animals to find themselves up for adoption. Rabbits can live as long as 10 years and will bond closely with their owners. They can also be trained to use a litter box.
To learn more about the rabbits that are looking for new homes, call Rutland County Humane Society at 483-6700 or visit www.rchsvt.orgMORE IN This Just InBy Amy Ash Nixon Full StoryRICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 410 CE, Visigoths sack Rome and it isn't the first time, either; in 1859, Titusville, Pa., the first commercially viable oil well comes in; in 1918, the only World War I battle fought on U.S. soil in Nogales, Ariz. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott uploads data direct to your head: On this day in 410... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.