Dezirae C. SheldonFebruary 26,2014
Dezirae C. SheldonDezirae Christa Sheldon
POULTNEY ó Dezirae Christa Sheldon, 2, of Poultney, died Friday, February 21, 2014, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.
She was born February 18, 2012, in Burlington.
Survivors include her mother, Sandra Eastman of Poultney; her father, Willis Sheldon and step-mother, Karen Sheldon of Rutland; two sisters, Destany and Elianna; paternal grandmother, Phyllis Sheldon of Pittsford; paternal grandfather, Robert Sheldon of Ludlow; paternal great-grandmother, Zela Sheldon of Chester; aunts, uncles and cousins. Dezirae is also survived by maternal grandmother, Linda Dufield; her maternal great-grandparents, Donald and Kathy Miller; maternal aunts, Chrystal, Lisa, Brittnay and Sara Eastman, Antonia Dufield and Brianna Cormier; and her maternal uncle, TJ Eastman.
Dezirae loved her Friday visits to Timberwolf and Melansonís.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at Aldous Funeral Home, 44 North Main Street, Rutland, VT.
She is going to be missed very much.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.