Dezirae C. SheldonFebruary 26,2014
Dezirae C. SheldonDezirae Christa Sheldon
POULTNEY ó Dezirae Christa Sheldon, 2, of Poultney, died Friday, February 21, 2014, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.
She was born February 18, 2012, in Burlington.
Survivors include her mother, Sandra Eastman of Poultney; her father, Willis Sheldon and step-mother, Karen Sheldon of Rutland; two sisters, Destany and Elianna; paternal grandmother, Phyllis Sheldon of Pittsford; paternal grandfather, Robert Sheldon of Ludlow; paternal great-grandmother, Zela Sheldon of Chester; aunts, uncles and cousins. Dezirae is also survived by maternal grandmother, Linda Dufield; her maternal great-grandparents, Donald and Kathy Miller; maternal aunts, Chrystal, Lisa, Brittnay and Sara Eastman, Antonia Dufield and Brianna Cormier; and her maternal uncle, TJ Eastman.
Dezirae loved her Friday visits to Timberwolf and Melansonís.
Friends may call from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, at Aldous Funeral Home, 44 North Main Street, Rutland, VT.
She is going to be missed very much.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.