Suspected heroin overdose death in Ludlow
LUDLOW — Police suspect that a 27-year-old Long Island, N.Y. man’s death was due to a heroin overdose.
Ludlow Police say that emergency responders were called to 82 Andover St. Sunday night for a report of an unresponsive man.
At the scene, police say they found Adam Wachtel deceased in the kitchen.
Wachtel, who police say was a seasonal worker at Okemo ski area, was found by his roommate who returned home after a weekend away.
Several items including prescription medication and suspected heroin were taken from the home. The preliminary cause of death has been ruled an accidental overdose pending an autopsy by the state Medical Examiner’s Office.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 228-4411.