Suspected heroin overdose death in LudlowFebruary 26,2014LUDLOW ó Police suspect that a 27-year-old Long Island, N.Y. manís death was due to a heroin overdose.
Ludlow Police say that emergency responders were called to 82 Andover St. Sunday night for a report of an unresponsive man.
At the scene, police say they found Adam Wachtel deceased in the kitchen.
Wachtel, who police say was a seasonal worker at Okemo ski area, was found by his roommate who returned home after a weekend away.
Several items including prescription medication and suspected heroin were taken from the home. The preliminary cause of death has been ruled an accidental overdose pending an autopsy by the state Medical Examinerís Office.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 228-4411.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: U.S. Rep. Peter Welch meets with Killington business owners, governor candidates debate, Gov. Shumlin discusses progress in anti-opiate campaign, Spanos trial venue moves to White River Junction.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Patrick McArdle reports and the theft of an $89,000 shotgun, police release a video of the Monday Castleton robbery, O'Gorman reports a lawsuit by a local man claiming his vehicle unlawfully seized, police leave him in cold.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Giles Corey of Salem, Mass., is pressed to death during the Salem witch trials; on this day in 1952, film comedian Charlie Chaplin, while traveling to England, is denied re-entry into the United States by U.S. attorney general.