Suspected heroin overdose death in LudlowFebruary 26,2014LUDLOW — Police suspect that a 27-year-old Long Island, N.Y. man’s death was due to a heroin overdose.
Ludlow Police say that emergency responders were called to 82 Andover St. Sunday night for a report of an unresponsive man.
At the scene, police say they found Adam Wachtel deceased in the kitchen.
Wachtel, who police say was a seasonal worker at Okemo ski area, was found by his roommate who returned home after a weekend away.
Several items including prescription medication and suspected heroin were taken from the home. The preliminary cause of death has been ruled an accidental overdose pending an autopsy by the state Medical Examiner’s Office.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 228-4411.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.