BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP) The Vermont Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals is beginning a grievance process because Fletcher Allen Health Care terminated contacts for 35 per diem nurses over the phone.
President of the Vermont Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals Mari Cordes says they "are not happy about it, in particular how it was handled."
Cordes tells the Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/1fHSi7M) that nurses received the terminations by phone on personal numbers and without union representatives with them.
Fletcher Allen Spokesman Mike Noble said the nurses who were terminated did not work the required minimum 288 annual hours and that "seven of the 35 didn't work at all."
Cordes says there is disagreement about total hours and the phone termination process and that the nurses' union is looking into the details.MORE IN Vermont NewsSOUTH BURLINGTON — Republican gubernatorial candidate Scott Milne is proposing using state funds... Full StoryMONTPELIER — Facing off in their last debate ahead of Tuesday’s midterm election, the top three... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.