• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    Colleges merger

    moves ahead

    MONTPELIER Officials are working out the details ... Full Story
    Round barn

    lost to fire

    IRASBURG A historic barn has burned to the ground in... Full Story
    JAMAICA A New York state teenager died Thursday after he slipped and fell about 100 feet at... Full Story
    More Articles