• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    WASHINGTON — Many of America’s young adults appear to be in no hurry to move out of their old... Full Story
    Millennials staying longer with parents
    BENSON — The town will not return to the days of having a reputation of being the “wild west” of... Full Story
    MIDDLEBURY — Commuters are advised of nighttime road closures tonight and Thursday. Full Story
    More Articles