• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    MORE IN This Just In

    Federal agents

    arrest residents

    Two Rutland residents pleaded innocent in... Full Story

    KILLINGTON — Killington Resort says it will be hosting a women’s World Cup giant... Full Story

    BARRE — A Granite City roofer with a lengthy criminal history has been sentenced to up ... Full Story

    More Articles