• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    Employee charged

    with grand larceny

    Police said a Fair Haven man was stealing... Full Story
    Man arrested

    for burglary

    A Rutland man will face burglary and larceny charges... Full Story
    BENNINGTON — Southwestern Vermont Medical Center is hosting an American Red Cross Blood drive... Full Story
    More Articles