• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    LOS ANGELES — As throngs of “Pokemon Go” players traipse around to real-world landmarks in... Full Story
    Irked owners trying to pry ‘Pokemon Go’ clutch from property
    As Rutland debates the potential arrival of 100 Syrian refugees, an oft-repeated claim by... Full Story
    MONTPELIER — After 18 years in the Legislature, Chittenden County Sen. Full Story
    Zuckerman hopes to be judged on ‘bold’ initiatives
    More Articles