Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknownMarch 07,2014COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.
Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.
Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.
No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.MORE IN This Just In
A driver ran a red light and crashed into another vehicle Friday afternoon at the entrance of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed