• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    BARRE - A Vermont state representative has admitted to one count of negligent driving... Full Story
    MONTPELIER The Vermont Fish & Wildlife Department is urging residents to avoid attracting... Full Story

    MONKTON — A woman who occupied a tree to block pipeline construction... Full Story
    More Articles