• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    BRATTLEBORO — Lauren Kaija and Miranda Johnson had two goals each to help lift Woodstock the... Full Story
    BRANDON — Burr and Burton Academy rained on Otter Valley’s Senior Day festivities. Full Story
    MANCHESTER — Burr and Burton Academy won to sweep the season series from Hartford and complete... Full Story
    More Articles