• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A New Hampshire man is expected to spend nine months in jail in his home... Full Story
    A Ludlow woman denied threatening another female driver with a handgun while driving on Route 7... Full Story
    A Rutland landlord will pay a $1,000 fine for filing false lead compliance documents. Full Story
    More Articles