• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    BARRE The Raiders built a 13-1 halftime lead before shifting into cruise control Thursday... Full Story
    POULTNEY Dylan Manning made the most of his last-minute addition to the Poultney lineup. Full Story
    The Plainfield Area Business Alliance will hold the first of a series of meetings for local... Full Story
    More Articles