• Vt. police say cause of St. Michael's fire unknown
    March 07,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    COLCHESTER-Vermont State Police now say that a fire last month at Saint Michael's College in Colchester was not caused by an electrical space heater as originally thought.

    Police and fire officials said Thursday that they have not determined the cause of the early morning fire that broke out in a town house on campus on Feb. 17 but say it was not suspicious.

    Police say an investigation determined that no space heaters were in use and that the electric heater units mounted on the walls in the building did not cause the fire.

    No one was injured in the fire, which caused an estimated $250,000 in damage.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    More than 26,000 people were without power when severe thunderstorms rolled through the state in... Full Story
    Storm causes outages, leaves damage
    A Rutland man was allegedly drunk and playing Pokémon Go when he crashed his... Full Story
    CASTLETON — Even without the traditional ice cream truck music, kids flock to Adam Babb’s... Full Story
    Entrepreneur brings ice cream to boaters
    More Articles