Warrants issued for heroin suspectsMarch 07,2014Warrants issued
for heroin suspects
MANCHESTER — Officers from the Winhall Police Department and the Manchester Police Department arrested two people on the morning of Feb. 9 at a Route 11/30 hotel and cited them for possession of heroin and cocaine, according to Sgt. Josh Epstein of the Winhall Police Department.
Acting on a tip, police spoke with Brittany Herrmann, 25, of Londonderry, and Joseph Giordano, 26, of Manchester, around 2:30 a.m.
Herrmann and Giordano allowed police to search the hotel room.
About 12 grams of heroin, 4.5 grams of cocaine and more than 300 used hypodermic needles were found and seized by police, Epstein said.
Herrmann and Giordano were released after being cited to appear in Bennington criminal court Monday where they would have each been charged with three felonies, heroin trafficking, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
However, neither of them appeared in court Monday so arrest warrants, setting bail at $100,000, were issued from Bennington criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.