Warrants issued for heroin suspectsMarch 07,2014Warrants issued
for heroin suspects
MANCHESTER — Officers from the Winhall Police Department and the Manchester Police Department arrested two people on the morning of Feb. 9 at a Route 11/30 hotel and cited them for possession of heroin and cocaine, according to Sgt. Josh Epstein of the Winhall Police Department.
Acting on a tip, police spoke with Brittany Herrmann, 25, of Londonderry, and Joseph Giordano, 26, of Manchester, around 2:30 a.m.
Herrmann and Giordano allowed police to search the hotel room.
About 12 grams of heroin, 4.5 grams of cocaine and more than 300 used hypodermic needles were found and seized by police, Epstein said.
Herrmann and Giordano were released after being cited to appear in Bennington criminal court Monday where they would have each been charged with three felonies, heroin trafficking, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
However, neither of them appeared in court Monday so arrest warrants, setting bail at $100,000, were issued from Bennington criminal court.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.