Warrants issued for heroin suspectsMarch 07,2014Warrants issued
for heroin suspects
MANCHESTER — Officers from the Winhall Police Department and the Manchester Police Department arrested two people on the morning of Feb. 9 at a Route 11/30 hotel and cited them for possession of heroin and cocaine, according to Sgt. Josh Epstein of the Winhall Police Department.
Acting on a tip, police spoke with Brittany Herrmann, 25, of Londonderry, and Joseph Giordano, 26, of Manchester, around 2:30 a.m.
Herrmann and Giordano allowed police to search the hotel room.
About 12 grams of heroin, 4.5 grams of cocaine and more than 300 used hypodermic needles were found and seized by police, Epstein said.
Herrmann and Giordano were released after being cited to appear in Bennington criminal court Monday where they would have each been charged with three felonies, heroin trafficking, possession of heroin and possession of cocaine.
However, neither of them appeared in court Monday so arrest warrants, setting bail at $100,000, were issued from Bennington criminal court.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.