Police investigating untimely deathMarch 07,2014Police probe
BRATTLEBORO — Police are investigating the death of Dr. Kathryn Eppel of Brattleboro.
Eppel, 60, a psychiatrist, was discovered at her East Orchard Street home Wednesday afternoon, police said.
According to a release from the Brattleboro police, the Vermont State Police crime scene search team was notified and assisted in processing the scene. Eppel’s body was transported to the Vermont medical examiner’s Office in Burlington for an autopsy.
Windham County State’s Attorney Tracy Shriver said that it was “unclear” what the circumstances were surrounding Eppel’s death, which she said was unattended. Emergency personnel were called to Eppel’s home at 2:45 p.m. Wednesday.
Police said there was no threat to the general public, but that case was under active investigation.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.