Eunice F. SheldrickMarch 19,2014
Eunice F. SheldrickEunice F. Sheldrick
HYDEVILLE — Eunice F. Sheldrick, 81, died Tuesday morning, March 18, 2014, at Misty Heather Morn Community Care Home following a long illness.
Eunice was born September 3, 1932, in Fair Haven, VT, one of nine children of the late Charles and Merinda (Martin) Graves.
She graduated from Fair Haven High School with the class of 1950.
She was a devoted wife, mother and homemaker, having lived her entire life in the Fair Haven and Castleton areas.
She was a longtime member of the First Baptist Church in Fair Haven; and as an accomplished organist, served as the church organist for many years, as well as a trustee of the church.
Eunice served her community as a former member of the town of Castleton Zoning Board.
Eunice got many hours of enjoyment during her lifetime just being home, cooking for her family, spending time with her grandchildren, and watching and feeding all of God’s creatures.
Eunice is survived by her husband, Calvin C. Sheldrick of Hydeville, whom she married October 10, 1992; her daughter, Joan Brown and her husband, Mark, of Hydeville; her son, William “Bill” Spaulding of Fair Haven; her step-daughters, Karen Kranick of Latham, NY, and Donna Cornell of Watervliet, NY; her sister, Mildred Lowell of Lakeland, FL; her grandchildren, Matthew and Emily Brown, Molly and Samantha Spaulding, and Mark and Amber Palasz; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her former husbands, Jack Spaulding and Russell Norton; three sisters, Ruth Graves, Marion McCarthy and Virginia Rock; and four brothers, an infant, and Charles, Wesley and Stanley Graves.
Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 22, at the United Church of Benson. The Rev. Holly Ross Noble, pastor, will officiate.
Following the funeral service, family will receive family and friends in the church hall for continued fellowship and refreshments.
There will be no calling hours.
Burial will be at a later date in the Cedar Grove Cemetery.
Arrangements are by the Durfee Funeral Home, 119 North Main Street, Fair Haven, VT.
In lieu of flowers, Eunice’s family suggests memorial contributions in her memory to Misty Heather Morn Activity Fund, P.O. Box 176, Hydeville, VT 05760.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.