Man accused of trying to mail pot to FloridaMarch 26,2014Man accused of
trying to mail pot
BENNINGTON ó A local man faces a felony charge that he tried to mail more than half an ounce of marijuana to his brother in Florida from the Staples in Bennington.
Tyler D. Davidson, of Bennington, pleaded innocent Monday in Bennington criminal court. He was released without bail.
In an affidavit, police said they were contacted by an employee of Staples on Feb. 18. The employee said Davidson, who was identified by the debit card he used as identification, brought a small box into the store and asked to send it to Palm Bay, Fla.
The employee said she was forced to open the box to fix the packaging because she could hear something inside moving around and the shipper will not accept packages if the contents arenít secure.
Police said the employee told them she quickly came to believe the box had marijuana inside. She contacted her superiors at the store and they reached a decision to contact police.
Police said that Davidson admitted to trying to send the package. He does not have a criminal record.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.