Fake bomb threat closes 3 schoolsMarch 28,2014LUDLOW — An unidentified out-of-state student faces charges after spurring a bomb scare that closed this town’s elementary, middle and high schools Wednesday.
Police said a boy from Fall Mountain Regional High School in Langdon, N.H., upset with adults who monitor students’ social media sites, decided to post a bomb threat on the Internet.
“It was a hoax,” said Ludlow Police Chief Jeffrey Billings. “He was trying to see whether people were watching his Facebook page. He learned the hard way.”
The boy will be cited to appear in White River Junction criminal court.
Ludlow students will have to make up the lost school day in June.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.