Springfield man arrested in downtown apartment for heroin saleApril 03,2014Police: Man had
bath salts, heroin
SPRINGFIELD ó A Springfield man was arrested last month in downtown Springfield and charged with selling heroin and possession of bath salts.
Vermont State Police said Martin Gonyea, 27, of 33 Main Street, was arrested March 19 in connection with the sale of a controlled drug in October 2013.
Police said while searching Gonyea during his arrest, a small amount of crystalline white powder was found inside a small plastic bag in his waistband. The powder was tested at the Vermont Forensic Laboratory and it was determined that is was a-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone (a-PVP), which is an ingredient in bath salts.
Gonyear was cited to appear May 13 in White River Junction criminal court to face a felony charge of sale of heroin and possession of a stimulant drug, a misdemeanor.
The Vermont Drug Task Force, aided by Springfield Police, made the arrest.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.