Springfield man arrested in downtown apartment for heroin saleApril 03,2014Police: Man had
bath salts, heroin
SPRINGFIELD — A Springfield man was arrested last month in downtown Springfield and charged with selling heroin and possession of bath salts.
Vermont State Police said Martin Gonyea, 27, of 33 Main Street, was arrested March 19 in connection with the sale of a controlled drug in October 2013.
Police said while searching Gonyea during his arrest, a small amount of crystalline white powder was found inside a small plastic bag in his waistband. The powder was tested at the Vermont Forensic Laboratory and it was determined that is was a-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone (a-PVP), which is an ingredient in bath salts.
Gonyear was cited to appear May 13 in White River Junction criminal court to face a felony charge of sale of heroin and possession of a stimulant drug, a misdemeanor.
The Vermont Drug Task Force, aided by Springfield Police, made the arrest.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.