Springfield man arrested in downtown apartment for heroin saleApril 03,2014Police: Man had
bath salts, heroin
SPRINGFIELD ó A Springfield man was arrested last month in downtown Springfield and charged with selling heroin and possession of bath salts.
Vermont State Police said Martin Gonyea, 27, of 33 Main Street, was arrested March 19 in connection with the sale of a controlled drug in October 2013.
Police said while searching Gonyea during his arrest, a small amount of crystalline white powder was found inside a small plastic bag in his waistband. The powder was tested at the Vermont Forensic Laboratory and it was determined that is was a-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone (a-PVP), which is an ingredient in bath salts.
Gonyear was cited to appear May 13 in White River Junction criminal court to face a felony charge of sale of heroin and possession of a stimulant drug, a misdemeanor.
The Vermont Drug Task Force, aided by Springfield Police, made the arrest.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.