Police prepare to charge woman with stealing walletsApril 08,2014Staff Report
Rutland Police say they are preparing to bring charges against a woman suspected of stealing wallets from shopping carts inside stores at the Rutland Shopping Plaza.
City Police Sgt. Kevin Stevens said the woman, whose name hasn't been made public yet, was arrested Tuesday morning after the woman was seen on video pilfering items from shoppers.
Stevens said police are preparing to charge the woman for at least six thefts at the plaza and he said he expected the woman would be issued a citation to appear in Rutland criminal court Wednesday to answer the charges.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.