Animal cruelty charges filedApril 08,2014Animal cruelty
WEST PAWLET — A man faces animal cruelty charges after police found one dead dog at his home and another so sick it had to be euthanized.
Keith L. Prevost, 46, of Route 153 in West Pawlet was charged and cited to appear in Rutland criminal court at a later date, according to a news release.
Police were called to Prevost’s home March 25 for a report of animal cruelty.
Pawlet Constable David Ricard arrived to find two dogs in a cage. One was already dead and the second was clinging to life and in desperate need of medical attention, according to police.
That dog was taken to the Rupert Veterinary Clinic where, after an evaluation, it was euthanized.
Prevost was arrested Sunday and charged with two counts of cruelty to animals.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.