• Electrical strip sparks Brattleboro blaze
    April 08,2014
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    BRATTLEBORO Investigators are blaming an overheated electrical strip for sparking a weekend blaze that damaged one of four apartments in a 2-story multifamily house.

    Local firefighters, responding to an alarm at 8 p.m. Saturday, found flames coming from a second-floor apartment at 119 Green St. in the center of town.

    The blaze, contained to one apartment and causing extensive fire and heat damage, was declared under control within 45 minutes.

    All occupants escaped safely and no firefighters were injured, Fire Chief Michael Bucossi said.

    The building is just up the street from another apartment house that caught fire earlier this winter and is owned by local landlord Bob Remy-Powers, who lost another rental property on nearby Elliot Street last fall.
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    MORE IN This Just In

    WEST HARTFORD — A teenager was killed and another person was critically injured when... Full Story

    One dead, one critical after train mishap
    Police in Rutland are looking for three people accused of taking about $1,000 worth of winter... Full Story

    Officials in two districts at the Rutland South Supervisory Union are proposing large cuts... Full Story

    More Articles