• Electrical strip sparks Brattleboro blaze
    April 08,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    BRATTLEBORO ó Investigators are blaming an overheated electrical strip for sparking a weekend blaze that damaged one of four apartments in a 2Ĺ-story multifamily house.

    Local firefighters, responding to an alarm at 8 p.m. Saturday, found flames coming from a second-floor apartment at 119 Green St. in the center of town.

    The blaze, contained to one apartment and causing extensive fire and heat damage, was declared under control within 45 minutes.

    All occupants escaped safely and no firefighters were injured, Fire Chief Michael Bucossi said.

    The building is just up the street from another apartment house that caught fire earlier this winter and is owned by local landlord Bob Remy-Powers, who lost another rental property on nearby Elliot Street last fall.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    The behavior of several Rutland City Police officers named in a civil lawsuit by a former officer... Full Story
    The civil lawsuit filed against the city by a former officer alleges issues within the Rutland... Full Story
    Itís hard to get more Vermont-ish than Plymouth Notch. Full Story
    A coffeehouse festival: Plymouth Folk and Blues
    More Articles