• Electrical strip sparks Brattleboro blaze
    April 08,2014
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    BRATTLEBORO Investigators are blaming an overheated electrical strip for sparking a weekend blaze that damaged one of four apartments in a 2-story multifamily house.

    Local firefighters, responding to an alarm at 8 p.m. Saturday, found flames coming from a second-floor apartment at 119 Green St. in the center of town.

    The blaze, contained to one apartment and causing extensive fire and heat damage, was declared under control within 45 minutes.

    All occupants escaped safely and no firefighters were injured, Fire Chief Michael Bucossi said.

    The building is just up the street from another apartment house that caught fire earlier this winter and is owned by local landlord Bob Remy-Powers, who lost another rental property on nearby Elliot Street last fall.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    MONTPELIER After sitting on the Vermont Supreme Court for nearly 30 years, Justice John Dooley... Full Story
    BRATTLEBORO Entergy Nuclear says it has found a potential source of water infiltration into... Full Story
    MANCHESTER A little more than a week after it was shut down, the website for the town of... Full Story
    More Articles
  •