• Electrical strip sparks Brattleboro blaze
    April 08,2014
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    BRATTLEBORO Investigators are blaming an overheated electrical strip for sparking a weekend blaze that damaged one of four apartments in a 2-story multifamily house.

    Local firefighters, responding to an alarm at 8 p.m. Saturday, found flames coming from a second-floor apartment at 119 Green St. in the center of town.

    The blaze, contained to one apartment and causing extensive fire and heat damage, was declared under control within 45 minutes.

    All occupants escaped safely and no firefighters were injured, Fire Chief Michael Bucossi said.

    The building is just up the street from another apartment house that caught fire earlier this winter and is owned by local landlord Bob Remy-Powers, who lost another rental property on nearby Elliot Street last fall.
    • Email Article
    •  Print Article
    MORE IN This Just In

    A $2.5 million redesign of White’s Pool cleared its first hurdle Monday. Full Story

    Pool plan comes in at $2.5M

    While former Rutland city attorney Christopher Sullivan waits in the Rutland jail pending a... Full Story

    Tonight, Santa Claus is coming to town. Full Story

    More Articles