Man arrested in
meth lab fire
ST. ALBANS — A man who lives at a Vermont apartment building that authorities say was the scene of a meth lab fire has been arrested.
Police on Tuesday arrested 30-year-old Adam Rheaume of St. Albans on a charge of manufacturing methamphetamine.
Firefighters responded to the fire originating in the bathroom at about 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
The building was evacuated and the street was closed to traffic. No one was hurt.
After executing a search warrant, police found items used to make meth inside a garbage bag outside of the building; other equipment was found inside the apartment.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Scientists and public health officials are studying a Vermont whooping cough... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.