3rd suspect in killing of grandmother due in courtApril 10,2014The Associated Press
ST. JOHNSBURY -- The third suspect charged in the kidnapping and killing of a Sheffield grandmother is due in a Vermont courtroom.
Michael Norrie, 23, was returned to Vermont on Wednesday from a federal prison in Pennsylvania. He's due to appear in Superior Court in St. Johnsbury Thursday.
Norrie is facing charges of first-degree murder and other offenses stemming from the September 2010 abduction and killing of 78-year-old Pat O'Hagan.
Last month, two of Norrie's cousins, 33-year-old Keith Baird and 27-year-old Richard Fletcher, pleaded not guilty to charges from the same case.
Police affidavits say O'Hagan was shot in the back of the head with a stolen pistol.
Before being charged in the O'Hagan case, all three suspects were in state or federal prison on other charges.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.