3rd suspect in killing of grandmother due in courtApril 10,2014The Associated Press
ST. JOHNSBURY -- The third suspect charged in the kidnapping and killing of a Sheffield grandmother is due in a Vermont courtroom.
Michael Norrie, 23, was returned to Vermont on Wednesday from a federal prison in Pennsylvania. He's due to appear in Superior Court in St. Johnsbury Thursday.
Norrie is facing charges of first-degree murder and other offenses stemming from the September 2010 abduction and killing of 78-year-old Pat O'Hagan.
Last month, two of Norrie's cousins, 33-year-old Keith Baird and 27-year-old Richard Fletcher, pleaded not guilty to charges from the same case.
Police affidavits say O'Hagan was shot in the back of the head with a stolen pistol.
Before being charged in the O'Hagan case, all three suspects were in state or federal prison on other charges.MORE IN This Just InBy Erin Mansfield Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.