Police locate woman who went missing overnightApril 17,2014Rutland City Police have found an 88-year-old woman in Burlington who went missing Wednesday.
Grace Maddaloni was found around 10:30 a.m. today, police said.
She was reported missing by staff at St. Joseph's Kervic Center on Convent Avenue at about 5:10 p.m. Wednesday, according to a press release. Staff said they thought she had "wandered off" around 1:30 p.m., and began to search for her immediately, but were unable to locate her.
Rutland police found that she may have boarded a bus at the Rutland transit center and reached out to other agencies, including the CCTA for help finding her, according to Officer Ryon Sorrell.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.