Fair Haven student charged in assaultsApril 17,2014A 17-year-old Fair Haven High School student is facing criminal charges for sexually assaulting one teenage girl and assaulting another.
Robert W. Richardson, of Castleton, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court this month to a felony charge of sexually assaulting a victim under the age of 16 and a misdemeanor count of domestic assault against another girl.
Richardson, who appeared in court on citations, remains free on court ordered conditions that include that he have no unsupervised contact with females under the age of 16 and that he abide by all restrictions placed on him by the FHUHS principal.
In affidavits written by Fair Haven Police and an investigator with the Special Investigation Unit in Rutland, which handles sex crimes, police say Richardson sexually assaulted one girl last summer and both verbally and physically abused another during the fall.
One of the girls told police that Richardson referred to her as his “property” and he could do with her what he wanted.
If convicted of both charges, Richardson faces up to 21 years in jail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.