Fair Haven student charged in assaultsApril 17,2014A 17-year-old Fair Haven High School student is facing criminal charges for sexually assaulting one teenage girl and assaulting another.
Robert W. Richardson, of Castleton, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court this month to a felony charge of sexually assaulting a victim under the age of 16 and a misdemeanor count of domestic assault against another girl.
Richardson, who appeared in court on citations, remains free on court ordered conditions that include that he have no unsupervised contact with females under the age of 16 and that he abide by all restrictions placed on him by the FHUHS principal.
In affidavits written by Fair Haven Police and an investigator with the Special Investigation Unit in Rutland, which handles sex crimes, police say Richardson sexually assaulted one girl last summer and both verbally and physically abused another during the fall.
One of the girls told police that Richardson referred to her as his “property” and he could do with her what he wanted.
If convicted of both charges, Richardson faces up to 21 years in jail.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.