Police: Man stole, tried to sell partsApril 21,2014Staff Report
MONKTON — A Bristol man is a facing a criminal charge after police said he stole more than $900 in tractor-trailer parts and tried to sell them at a scrap yard for a deep discount.
Adam M. Tipper, 32, is set to appear May 19 in Middlebury criminal court for an arraignment on a charge of grand larceny, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said that around 11:20 a.m. Saturday they were called to investigate the theft of “heavy duty steel tractor-trailer parts” from a private property off Bristol Road in Monkton.
After investigating the case, police said Tipper stole the parts early Saturday morning and then went to a scrap yard in Chittenden County where he tried to sell them for $62.80.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.