Police: Man stole, tried to sell partsApril 21,2014Staff Report
MONKTON — A Bristol man is a facing a criminal charge after police said he stole more than $900 in tractor-trailer parts and tried to sell them at a scrap yard for a deep discount.
Adam M. Tipper, 32, is set to appear May 19 in Middlebury criminal court for an arraignment on a charge of grand larceny, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said that around 11:20 a.m. Saturday they were called to investigate the theft of “heavy duty steel tractor-trailer parts” from a private property off Bristol Road in Monkton.
After investigating the case, police said Tipper stole the parts early Saturday morning and then went to a scrap yard in Chittenden County where he tried to sell them for $62.80.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?