Police: Man stole, tried to sell partsApril 21,2014Staff Report
MONKTON — A Bristol man is a facing a criminal charge after police said he stole more than $900 in tractor-trailer parts and tried to sell them at a scrap yard for a deep discount.
Adam M. Tipper, 32, is set to appear May 19 in Middlebury criminal court for an arraignment on a charge of grand larceny, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said that around 11:20 a.m. Saturday they were called to investigate the theft of “heavy duty steel tractor-trailer parts” from a private property off Bristol Road in Monkton.
After investigating the case, police said Tipper stole the parts early Saturday morning and then went to a scrap yard in Chittenden County where he tried to sell them for $62.80.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.