NORTHFIELD – Norwich University will host the Vermont Academy of Arts and Sciences 2014 Intercollegiate Student Symposium on April 26.
The event will run from 8:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Bartoletto Hall and is a forum for college students to present original work in the area of arts, humanities, sciences and social sciences.
According to a news release, during the symposium, 53 students from Norwich, Castleton State College, Marlboro College, St. Michael’s College and Green Mountain College will present topics in psychology, history, political science, humanities, physics and nursing. Each student has 15 minutes to present and five minutes to answer questions.
Each year the symposium is held at a Vermont college, and this is the fifth time that Norwich has hosted it.
This event is free and open to the public.MORE IN Vermont News(Editorís note: This is the final part of an Associated Press series of profiles on candidates... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.