Bulldogs sweep Bratt in boys tennisApril 26,2014BOYS TENNIS
Burr and Burton 7, Brattleboro 0
BRATTLEBORO — The Bulldogs improved to 3-0 by knocking off the Colonels, losing only 10 games.
In singles, Peter Oh blanked Lachlan Francis 6-0, 6-0, Sam Cochrane shut out Gidpon May 6-0, 6-0, Noah Wetherald defeated Jake Gartenstein 6-0, 6-1, Coley Stillman outlasted Spencer Butter 6-3, 6-1, and Justin Tegen defeated Nick Hallock 6-1, 6-3.
In doubles, Nick Fayette and Justin Walla turned back Nick Mateo and Ahlgren Valleyo 6-1, 6-0, and Cam Marcellus and Christain Webb won by forfeit.
BBA will host Fair Haven on Monday.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.